Projection mapping is currently one of the trendiest tech innovations today. But what exactly is projection mapping and what can it do for your business?
With the combination of technology, art, execution, projection mapping can turn a boring old space into something completely different. Have you ever attended a business conference in an art gallery and walked in to find a realistic “forest” venue? That’s the power of projection mapping–but it doesn’t stop there.
What is projection mapping?
Projection mapping involves the use of video projectors and other modern technologies to project images on any surface–not just a flat one, making it possible to create interactive displays and realistic 3D visuals. Projection mapping is commonly used by businesses to project displays on walls, stages, runways, and even entire buildings as visual presentations and marketing stunts.
What are the uses of projection mapping?
Projection mapping services in India and other tech-adept countries provide an exciting experience for attendees of an event. Here are ways your business can use projection mapping:
- Display a backdrop for a stage
- “Change” the appearance of your building
- Make displays interactive
- Display artwork
- Model a large-scale model of a product
- Perform a light show
- Project your company name or logo
How is projection mapping done?
Using projection mapping is not a complicated process. If you want to use projection mapping for an event, here are the things you need to do:
1. Choose your canvas. Select whatever surface you want to project your display onto. It can be a stage, wall, building, sculpture, or any other flat or non-flat surface.
2. Contact a projection mapping service. Unless you can do it yourself, get a projection mapping company to create your display for you. Work closely with them and make your preferences clear. If you want, you can also create a draft of the visual story you want to tell, and then let the projection mapping artists base their work from there.
3. Edit and finalize. After the initial projection is done, test the presentation in the actual venue. Make changes as needed to ensure everything will be perfect for the actual event. After the presentation is finalized, coordinate with the staff members needed to make the projection come to life.
What are the benefits of using projection mapping?
Don’t think that projection mapping is worth the effort and expense? Well, here are the advantages that you can expect from it:
- Grabs audiences’ attention
- Adds interactivity to your event
- Can impress clients, shareholders, executives, etc.
- Promotes brand recognition and publicity
- Makes your event more unique and memorable
What are the things you need to consider before getting projection mapping services?
Before you use projection mapping for your event, here are some important factors to think about:
- Cost. How much can you spend on projection mapping? Will it fit your budget?
- Size of the venue. How big is your venue? What are the focal points you need to consider?
- Goals and content. Why do you want to use projection mapping? And what are the contents you want to display?
- Schedule. Can you fit projection mapping in your schedule?
Projection mapping is an amazing tool for companies that want to make a mark with their event. If you want to turn your event into something more special, projection mapping is definitely the service you need.